Vost, Kevin: How To Think Like Aquinas
Regular price $18.95 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
In these pages, you'll learn St. Thomas Aquinas's unique powers of intellect and will, and how he can train us to perfect them. Best-selling author of The One-Minutea Aquinas offers here a fully guided, illustrated tutorial of exercises to perfect your intellectual powers of memory, understanding, logical reasoning, shrewdness, foresight, circumspection, practical wisdom, and so much more that lead to happier and holier lives. You'll also learn:
- The connections between thinking, happiness, and holiness
- How to perfect intellectual powers you may not know you possess
- Why a failure to understand human nature impairs our ability to understand anything
- The three fundamental acts of practical wisdom
- The eight parts of prudence every Catholic should keep in stock
- How training our memories can make us deeper thinkers
- How critical thinking alone is insufficient for reaching the truth
- Why Catholics should cherish reason as well as faith #&8212 and know how to use it!
- How to spot twenty common logical fallacies
How thinking like Aquinas can inoculate you from twenty damaging isms and worldviews wreaking havoc in our world today.